Jamui: In a significant anti-Naxal operation, the last remaining Maoist-era memorial in Bihar’s Jamui district was demolished on Monday in a joint action by the police and local administration.
The structure, located near Gurmaha village in Barhat block, was razed using a JCB machine. Officials said the demolition marks a major step towards eliminating the remnants of Naxal influence in the region.
The operation was carried out by Barhat police and Special Task Force (STF) personnel. It was jointly led by Block Development Officer Shravan Kumar Pandey, Circle Officer Kislaya Kumar, STF Deputy Superintendent of Police, and Station House Officer Kumar Sanjeev.
Gurmaha village was once a Naxal-affected area where Maoist groups reportedly held “jan adalats” (people’s courts). The memorial had been constructed in memory of deceased Naxal members and was occasionally used to hoist flags as a symbolic challenge to the state, making it a source of fear among local residents.
Station House Officer Kumar Sanjeev said the action was carried out on the instructions of Superintendent of Police Vishwajit Dayal. He added that this was the last such memorial in the area, and its removal represents a decisive move towards completely eradicating Naxal presence.
Following the demolition, villagers expressed relief and said the move has created hope for a safer environment. Residents believe that with the end of such symbols of extremism, development activities in the region will gain momentum.
Locals also voiced expectations for improved access to basic infrastructure such as education, healthcare, and roads. Officials described the action as a major milestone in the ongoing efforts to establish a Naxal-free society in the district.




















