Gaya/Patna: Train services at Gaya Junction have returned to normal following the lifting of a 45-day “mega block” imposed for the redevelopment of platforms 2 and 3, bringing relief to thousands of passengers.
The block, which remained in place until March 21, had led to the diversion and cancellation of several trains, significantly affecting travel on the busy Gaya–Patna route. Daily commuters were among the worst affected, many of whom had to rely on Chakand railway station, around 15km away, to access train services.
Officials said normal operations resumed on Sunday, with full passenger movement expected to stabilise from Monday. The restoration of services means commuters will no longer need to travel to alternative stations.
The redevelopment work included upgrades to platform infrastructure, tracks and signalling systems. Trial runs were conducted ahead of reopening, including a test with an LHB rake under the supervision of station superintendent Vinod Kumar Singh to assess safety and operational readiness.
A goods train trial was also carried out on Saturday evening before the resumption of regular Mail and Express services.
Following the completion of the work, several key trains began operating from the upgraded platforms. The Gaya–New Delhi Mahabodhi Express departed from platform 3 on Sunday afternoon, while the Sealdah Rajdhani Express arrived at platform 2 earlier in the day.
Other trains, including the Bhubaneswar Tejas Rajdhani Express and Kolkata Express, were operated from platform 2, while services such as the Swarna Jayanti Jharkhand Express and the Howrah Weekly Express ran from platform 3.
Railway officials said the redevelopment is expected to improve passenger convenience and operational efficiency at the junction, which serves as a key rail hub in the region.





















