Samastipur: A 19-year-old woman from Bihar’s Samastipur, whose family feared she had been murdered after a decomposed body was found stuffed inside a sack in neighbouring Begusarai, has surfaced in a video confirming that she is alive, safe, and has married her partner of her own free will.
In the video, Anisha (19) said she had voluntarily married Rohit (22) and appealed to her parents not to harass her husband or his family.
“I am Anisha from Samastipur. I have married Rohit of my own choice. I am under no pressure and I am happy wherever I am. Papa and Mummy, please do not trouble my husband or his family. I am alive,” she said in the video, which she reportedly sent to the Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP).
The development has resolved confusion after Anisha’s family suspected that a decomposed body recovered from a sack in Begusarai on June 27 was hers. Police, however, had expressed doubts about the identification.
College Friends Turned Life Partners
According to police, Anisha and Rohit are second-year students at Dalsinghsarai College and had been in a relationship for nearly four years.
Anisha, a resident of Bhajangama village under the Vidyapatinagar police station limits, reportedly met Rohit regularly while commuting to college, which is around 10 kilometres from her home. Fearing that their families would not approve of their relationship, the couple allegedly decided to elope and get married.
Photographs and videos of their wedding have also surfaced, with Anisha reportedly sharing the footage directly with the DSP.
Family Had Reported Kidnapping
According to the investigation, Anisha left her home on June 21, telling her family she was going to buy medicines for her grandmother. When she failed to return, her family searched for her but could not trace her whereabouts.
On June 23, her mother, Saraswati Devi, lodged a kidnapping complaint, accusing Rohit Kumar, a resident of Mathurapur in Dalsinghsarai, and his associate of abducting her daughter with the intention of marriage.
Police launched an investigation but found no leads until the recovery of the unidentified female body in Begusarai triggered fears that Anisha had been killed.
Video Sent to DSP Ends Speculation
While the investigation was underway, Anisha sent a video and wedding footage to Dalsinghsarai DSP Vivek Kumar Sharma on Monday morning, informing him that she was safe.
The DSP subsequently called Anisha’s family to the Vidyapatinagar police station and showed them photographs of both Anisha and the unidentified body recovered from the sack. Police clarified that the deceased woman was not Anisha.
Officials said Anisha’s location has been traced to Darbhanga, following which a police team was dispatched to bring her before the authorities.
Police to Record Her Statement
DSP Vivek Kumar Sharma said police have received the woman’s video confirming that she is alive and are making efforts to trace and recover her.
Once located, police are expected to record her statement before proceeding further with the kidnapping case. If it is established that Anisha is an adult and left home voluntarily, the investigation will proceed in accordance with her statement and the applicable legal provisions.





















