Munger: Human skeletal remains and clothing were recovered from an old well in Bihar’s Munger district on Thursday evening, with police suspecting a link to a 10-year-old boy who had been missing for nearly eight months. Family members have identified the clothes as belonging to the child, Veer Singh, who went missing on July 23, 2025.
The incident took place in Khandbihari village under Haveli Kharagpur police station limits. Veer Singh, the only son of local resident Manish Kumar Singh, had been untraceable since his disappearance last year.
Acting on a tip-off, police detained a few local juveniles for questioning earlier in the day. Based on the information gathered, authorities decided to drain water from an old well in the village using a pump set.
During the operation late Thursday evening, as water and sludge were cleared, bones and pieces of clothing were recovered from the well. Police immediately cordoned off the area and began further investigation.
Senior officials, including SDPO Anil Kumar and trainee DSP-cum-station house officer Mithilesh Kumar Tiwari, along with teams from nearby police stations and a forensic unit, reached the spot. The recovered remains have been secured for detailed examination.
According to police, the victim’s family identified the clothes found with the remains. Officials said the skeletal remains will undergo DNA testing and other forensic analyses to confirm identity and ascertain the cause of death.
News of the recovery spread quickly, drawing large crowds from nearby villages such as Kendua, Kishanpur, Shasan, Bhusichak, Nishihara, Laxmipur, Dhapri, Prasando, Agrahan, Shampur, Muzaffarganj and Mudheri. Many locals believe the remains are those of the missing child.
The boy’s family is in shock following the development. His maternal uncle, Raja Singh, said the identification was made based on the clothes recovered from the well. Villagers have demanded a thorough probe and strict action against those responsible.
Superintendent of Police Syed Imran Masood also visited the site later in the evening. He confirmed that four juveniles have been detained in connection with the case. Preliminary investigation suggests that the child was allegedly abducted and killed, though the motive behind the crime is yet to be established.
The SP said the recovery of the remains was made based on information provided by the detained juveniles. Further interrogation is underway, and forensic reports, including DNA analysis, are expected to play a crucial role in the investigation.





















